We grew up learning the infamous “when life gives you lemons” metaphor, which we use as a lesson to deal with when fate throws anything in our way. But that is not necessarily true because, most of the time, we’re taken aback by how unpredictable the future is. Whether you’re currently weathering storms, just got fired from your dream job, or waiting for an acceptance call, here’s a simple guide to being ready for anything life throws your way, because living is a bit more tricky than lemons and oranges.
In today’s episode, we’ll be learning how to get prepared for the unknown. Here are some of the tips that you should follow in order to be prepared for the future:
- Create a vision for the future that you want in sections.
- Instead of preparing for the worst-case scenario, prepare for the most likely scenario.
- What are the upcoming challenges that you foresee and potential challenges that might occur?
- Weight the opportunities that are there for you?
- Identify all of the different skills, mindsets, and behaviors you need in order for you to be ready for the future.
- What do you need to do in order to make that vision a reality?
- What are you going to do to be able to change things if something unexpected happens?
Be sure to tune in for more interesting topics!
Subscribe to the Changing Minds Podcast!