In this episode, we talk with Carol Malakasis, the Start-Up Girl, about founder sales, rejection, imposter syndrome, and much, much more!
Carol is a New York City startup veteran. She has ten years of experience in selling. She’s part of the founding sales teams for two startups that were acquired. and is quintilingual in nature. Working with early-stage founders has been her passion. Carol believes that everyone can sell if taught the right way.
Here are some key takeaways from this interview:
- Carol’s story and how she’s able to do what she’s doing today
- What stands out as the most important lessons that she got about sales and persuasion?
- It’s not a matter of talent, it’s a matter of putting in the work
- Carol talks about changing perspectives and facing rejection
- How does she deal with insecurities and impostor syndrome?
- Rejection is never pleasant, even after you have years of experience
- Differentiating between external feedback and the way she speaks to herself
- One thing she believes is critical for founders, or any business owner, is the ability to sell
- Carol explains what a sales playbook is
To find out more about Carol check out https://www.linkedin.com/in/carolmalakasis/
Ramped Solutions: http://ramped.co
Be sure to tune in for more interesting topics!
Subscribe to the Changing Minds Podcast!