Assisting Professional Service Firms:
- Assisting professional service firms (attorneys, consultants, etc.) struggling with differentiation from competitors.
- Equipping firms to effectively engage potential clients.
- Focusing on teaching the art of selling, a distinct skill from their expertise.
The Significance of Curiosity:
- Shifting professionals from focusing solely on expertise to showing genuine curiosity about clients.
- Clients value understanding and being heard.
- Cultivating a powerful connection through genuine interest.
Flipping the Conversation:
- Encouraging professionals to inquire and display curiosity rather than self-promotion.
- Guiding clients to realize why they should work with the professional through relevant questions.
- Prioritizing trust, likeability, and connection in initial conversations.
Building Trust and Connection:
- Emphasizing the necessity of trust and connection in sales.
- Professionals striving to comprehend clients through pertinent questions.
- Facilitating clients’ discovery process to stand out and attract the right clients.
Enhancing Skillsets for Firms:
- Challenging the notion of needing unique selling skills beyond expertise.
- Addressing differentiation and prioritizing focus on marketing, law, and consulting sectors.
- Transforming discovery calls into mutual learning interactions.
Transitioning from Authority to Curiosity:
- Shifting from self-promotion to a curiosity-driven approach.
- Avoid pushing achievements and solutions, embracing curiosity and understanding.
- Acknowledging clients’ individuality and seeking personalized solutions.
Enabling Client Discovery of Value:
- Moving from forceful persuasion to letting clients discover value.
- Avoiding barriers created by pushy approaches.
- Utilizing storytelling to subtly demonstrate expertise.
Empathy vs. Willingness to Help:
- Distinguishing between wanting to help and conveying empathy.
- Empathy involves making clients feel understood.
- Genuine interest and active listening are effective techniques.
- Sharing relatable third-party stories with specific challenges.
Interesting Facts about Adam:
– What’s your favorite movie?
– Favorite quote from Braveheart?
They may take our lives, but they’ll never take our freedom.
– Favorite author?
– Favorite book?
Man’s Search For Meaning by Viktor Frankl.
– Favorite artist?
Michelangelo, like the David.
– Favorite musician?
Currently, it is Chris Stapleton.
– Favorite philosopher?
Somewhere between Seneca, Aristotle, and Aquinas.
– Favorite TV series?
Friday Night Lights, it still gets me emotional.
– If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Flight, despite the cold at high altitudes.
– Ideal time-traveling destination (past, present, or future)?
To the past, possibly to uncover Shakespeare’s identity.
– If not in the US, where would you live?
A little village in Italy with a farm.
– Alternative career choice?
Writing novels, living on a farm, and raising kids.
– One piece of advice for the world on a billboard?
“Embrace your own life and gifts, live without comparison, as comparison steals joy.”