Joining me on today’s show are Adam Ashton and Adam Jones, the voices behind the What You Will Learn podcast. They are also the authors of “The Sh*t They Never Taught You”, a massive compilation of their takeaways from over a hundred of the best books of all time.
In this episode, they walk us through the process of getting a book out into the world—from writing iterations, preparing it for publishing, and actually launching the book. They also give a preview of “The Sh*t They Never Taught You”, weighing in on some of the books and topics they’ve written about.
- How the Adams started writing their book
- Why they decided to go down the path of self-publishing
- The main insights they hope people will get from their book
- What makes certain books great reads
- On getting your life together and forging your own path
- Why marketing to the masses is like a spreading a virus
- On leading a team, personal finance, and breaking biases
- The different philosophies they’ve combined so people can live the good life
- “[For] anyone thinking of writing a book, it’s imperative that you put in your own uniqueness, what makes you stand out, what makes you different in that way.”
- “…taking control of our learning journey, and we can do that through books.”
- “Visualization plus the hard work… inspired by other books, together, you get a combination in a package that is going to be more useful.”
- “Our brain takes shortcuts because it’s efficient, it’s easy, it’s the quickest way to do something; but really, in many cases, it’s wrong.”
Podcast: Play in new window | Download