Last week we talked about getting people’s attention by using helpful hacks. To continue the motions, in this episode, we will be talking about how you can grab people’s attention from the gecko. To change minds, you have to be able to present your ideas powerfully, in a way that people can remember them. If you ever stumbled into psychology, you will know that different factors play a role in determining what people can remember. To clear things further, we will be presenting 10 ideas that could help people remember you easily.
- Context-figure specific examples whenever you are teaching a certain idea, try and use particular instances where you can tie and connect your ideas.
- Cues- a cue is something that immediately triggers a particular item
- Contrast- the importance of grabbing people’s attention by telling them what they’re not expecting
- Emotion- when you experience “state-dependent learning.”
- Quantity- getting a certain number
- Relevancy- find ways to connect to something that’s already important to your audience
- Repetition- repeating the same ideas over and over
- Self-creative- get people to apply your theories, ideas, or techniques in their way
- Senses- get them to see, feel and experience something
- Social- make it something that people want to share with others
Be sure to tune in for more interesting topics!
Subscribe to the Changing Minds Podcast!